AY-WAV-U



Something wanted to share with everyone.

Last night, I was having really bad indigestion or heart burn, or acid, or acid reflux, or whatever it is that should be called. So I stayed in bed, sitting up, trying to ignore the pain while watching the NCIS finale – which by the way made me scream and cry at the same time!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

The baby usually plays by himself, so long as I’m in plain sight. If not, he’d walk back into the room and “check” on me.

Anyway, he walked into the room, and I told him to give mommy a minute because I don’t feel well. He didn’t say anything, but climbed up the bed, made that funny blowing sound on my face, laughed, put my face in his hands, gave me a kiss on the lips, and said “ay-wav-u.”

I was so shocked that it took me like 5 seconds to respond that I love him too.

Then he went down the bed, was quiet, and continued to play by himself.

My heart just sank. I called the husband at work, crying, and told him what happened. We were both just so happy and shocked, and proud, and everything else a parent could feel when a child melts your heart.

I guess we’re doing something right.

And the baby is only 15 months old.

Sespite being so tired and stressed this week, that just made my year. J

So here’s to one proud mom!!!

Comments